Pizza is among the dishes that the majority of people like – both youngsters and adults. If you live with your family, it only makes sense to learn how to make fantastic pizza dough and turn it into the most delicious dish.
Making pizza to your liking at home may be somewhat of a problem, due to the mess and need of oven cleaning afterwards. But mostly the real trouble is getting the right recipe for the dough. The truth is that the recipe is not difficult.
Here is what you need for it:
- Bread flour – understandably, this is the most important ingredient. You will need about 3 and a half – 4 cups of flour. Keep in mind to get some extra to assist your rolling efforts. The idea behind using bread flour is that it provides the much-needed crust. Do not worry if you cannot find bread flour. Grab the all-purpose flour and use it instead. Bear in mind, however, that all-purpose flour provides more of a chewy crust.
It is nothing bad, just a lot of people prefer a crispier pizza.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – you may need a bit of extra: about 2 more teaspoons.
- 1 pack instant dry yeast
Follow these steps in making the dough:
- Combine the bread flour, yeast, kosher salt and sugar in a bowl.
- You will need a mixer for this task.
- Add water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, while the mixer is running. Beat until the dough takes the form of a ball.
- Get a feel of the dough. If it feels sticky, you can add some more; a single tablespoon at a time. You want to have it a solid ball. In case the dough is somewhat dry, feel free to add more water; one tablespoon at a time.
- Place the dough onto a smooth surface and knead till it forms a firm ball.
- Put a little olive oil in a large bowl to grease it and add the dough. Use plastic wrap to seal it off. Place it in a warm area for about an hour, which is more than enough for it to double in size.
- Flour a surface gently and turn the dough on it. Divide it into two halves.
- Cover the two pieces with plastic wrap and leave them to sit for about 10 minutes.
Your dough for homemade pizza is ready and waiting to be turned into a delicious dish. Remember, if you wish to make it easy for your oven and reduce the hassle of oven cleaning, you should place a baking sheet at the bottom. That way any topping that finds its way on the oven surface can be caught in its track.