Delicious oven-baked potato chips
Are you fed up with the bags of chips, which is made to taste delicious but are full of unhealthy ingredients that add no nutritious value? Well, if you are a fan of potato chips, you can learn how to make your own at home with this easy recipe.
Oven-baked potato chips are nothing like any of the other products you see in the supermarket. Sure, you may need to invest a little time in oven cleaning afterwards, but nothing compares to the delicious and rich taste of real potato chips. The best part of it all is that you can prepare it quickly.
Here is how:
- First, acquire enough potatoes. Russet potatoes are ideal, due to their extra-large size. You also need cooking spray and some sea salt, based on your seasoning preference.
- Preheat the oven to at least 240 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in thin, chip-like slices by using either a knife or a mandoline. Wipe off excess moisture from the potatoes as you slice them.
- Cover a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place potato slices in a single layer and spray them with cooking spray as well.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until you notice a good golden brown colour. To bake them more evenly, you should flip them a few times during the baking process. Some of them might crisp faster than others, so keep a close watch.
- When done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with salt right away.
You can then enjoy your oven-baked potato chips with good company or alone with your favourite movie.